1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius V Dash Cluster

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cbydesign, Jun 26, 2017.

1. cbydesign

cbydesign Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just had an "OMG I'M STUPID" moment with my car. Apparently, you can turn down your dash lights to the point that they disappear. A silly feature, if one would care for my comment, but I must have bumped it with my knee getting out of the car. I had no idea what happened. What was especially weird was that it would show the cluster when I used the aftermarket remote start. So I was playing around with it some and ended up cycling the headlights down to off and up pops my cluster. Whaddyaknow. Flip back to parking/on/auto, nothing. So I was racking my brain, what manages the cluster brightness at night time... the dimmer. Voila. Now I get to cancel the service appointment at the dealer. Thank god, who knows what they would have come up with (even if it was just the dimmer that they got to make fun of me for.):oops:

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You can turn off the radio/gps display off, just not as easy. Good for a dark night on a windy two lane road.

3. cbydesign

cbydesign Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well let's hope I can manage to keep that one on.

XT1575 ?