1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius v (lowercase v) door not locking...

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Robert V. Adger-Barton, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Robert V. Adger-Barton

Robert V. Adger-Barton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Good morning everyone! Thought I would stop by here before dealing with the dealership again...

For the past month or so, I've noticed strange behavior when trying to lock my 2012 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) for the past couple of years, if I push the FOB twice when locking it, the car would beep twice. Lately it hasn't been doing that, and I've been having to manually lock the door. Now, when I manually lock it, get out, then try to open the door its locked. I thought this was due to me having the FOB on me, so I took the FOB inside my house, came back out, locked the door manually, closed it and then tried to open it, and it opened. the key FOB was over 50ft away when this happened.

Anyone else experience this and have a resolution by chance?

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you changed the battery in the fob?

3. Robert V. Adger-Barton

Robert V. Adger-Barton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    the dealership changed the batteries for me. I took the car in for an oil change and told them about the issue, and they changed the batteries but never proceeded to test.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Um, well at the risk of being a curmudgeon, I'd still suggest changing the batteries. I don't even trust my dealer to do that much right. They may have batteries that are old, or just never actually did it.