1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v)Window Issues

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by webenchantressde, Dec 30, 2014.

1. webenchantressde

webenchantressde Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello, I have a 2012 Prius v ( lowercase v for the Prius v wagon ). I am having these issues:
    I can't roll down any of the windows except for the driver’s window using the driver’s controls. I also can't roll down the passenger windows or the rear windows with their own control either.

This seems to have started after my daughter didn't shut her door and it was left open all night. The next day the car started, and didn't seem to have a dead battery - so this may be pure coincidence.
    It sounds like some of you had similar issues and were able to take this into the dealership and have them fix it with their computer system. The problem for me is that the car is with us overseas in Belgium (US Military), and we may have to pay an incredible amount just to have them look at this issue. (ex. My husband was quoted over 600 euro for an oil change on his Lexus).

So if there is anything I can try on my own to get this fix, please let me know…. Last resort is taking it in.

Thanks

2. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Check your window lock button, if its engaged it will lock all the windows except the drivers.

On my prius its the push button above the manual lock/unlock rocker switch on the driver door.

3. webenchantressde

webenchantressde Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you so much... I feel silly!!! I just automatically assumed the worse, and yet it was something so simple!