1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius v Navigation updates

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Flyman, Nov 19, 2011.

1. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, I'm afraid that going the DIY route is probably more expensive than taking it to the dealer. I know because I've done it. If you call them they can give a price, but if my memory serves me the data on USB is/was around $90. I have the 2012 dongle, they call it. Then you need the "license key", but I'm afraid this key DOES NOT work by itself. You take that key and information from the Nav itself, open you TIS professional or higher account, $55 last time I checked, and generate the code that allows the installation. The USB dongle is definitely shareable. What I'm not sure about is whether one could generate a whole bunch of installation codes with one TIS professional account. When I did the update back in 2013, the website didn't have the area to generate the install code and I had to call them to generate one. I'm assuming by now it is avalable, and that $55 subscription cost can be shared. The "license key" is required for each installation, legally that is. That cost me $155 from Carson Toyota internet parts guy....

G Man v5 likes this.