1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius V rear speaker

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by katozo, Oct 3, 2012.

1. katozo

katozo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2012 Prius V and the rear speaker(s) hardly put out any sound. When I balance the system to get more output in the rear, I get hardly any sound in the frount. Is there an individual speaker adjustment? Is this normal or do I have defective speaker(s)?

2. CLUBGUY

CLUBGUY Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No individual adjustment....ie: when adjustments are made it effects something else...increasing rear speakers, lowers front speakers...etc.
    FWIW...my "v's" rear speakers perform like yours....not saying it's right, just the way it is...!!

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I set my rear balance to 2/3 rear and get good bass from the back speakers. High frequencies are decent. However not in standard FM modes. HD FM is very good as are CDs. Compressed sources like Satellite and MP3s not so good on frequency response and no digital signal processing to compensate (like Rock, Pop, Jazz) that most head units have had for years. Some have added amps with equalizers.

4. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Its been generally acknowledged that the v has very weak rear speakers. There are a few threads that already discuss this as well as threads on what many have done to replace them. I would search for those threads since the topic has been covered pretty extensively.