1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius V stereo interchange compatibility?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Matthew Clair, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Matthew Clair

Matthew Clair Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V

Bought a 2012 Prius V with the 57011 radio/nav/app etc and several buttons are non responsive; including the phone function on screen or steering wheel. The USB/AUX/Plug is also non functional. I've read there's a lot of drama to fixing these so here's the question. If I go to a stereo shop and buy whole new interface system with stereo/nav/phone/camera will it be functional or is there a deeper electrical issue that would render it useless regardless of new equipment? I've also researched to see if there is some sort of soft/hard reboot but there does not appear to be anything out here to reboot. Appreciate any and all input. Have a great day.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Changing to aftermarket would be a big job with lots of functions lost. See the back of this networked unit. The 57011 gives you setups and some diagnostics in addition to gps mapping, HD radio, XM etc. I would just buy another unit on ebay for $100-200. They are relatively easy to change. Search ebay with “toyota 8614047020”. If you want to improve the sound, I would add a speaker level amp tp drive new rear speakers.

58E15C54-D16B-43BE-A9D6-8991C1509932.jpeg

#2 rjparker, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. Matthew Clair

Matthew Clair Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Appreciate the good word, sir. Have a great day.