1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius V wagon

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Kathy Luper, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Kathy Luper

Kathy Luper New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    My 2012 Prius v wagon has lost communication with the ECM when I was cleaning fuel injector and fuel shot out. I forgot to disconnect the battery. I hurried and disconnected the battery. I got everything put back with the injector and now the car won’t start and is showing code UO100.

what do I do now?

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The communication to one or more modules is bad. It almost always takes two attempts after the disconnect. Obviously check all connectors you touched around the engine. Clear codes.

I would try disconnecting the battery negative for a minute or two and try again. If that does not work I would open the hood and aim a good fan at the area. If not a loose connection, the fuel has moved some dirt around and caused a short.

In the future don't clean the injectors. They don't need it with additives included in all fuel. Even the cheap gas.

Tim Jones likes this.
  3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Maybe she disconnected the Traction Battery

4. SSAutomotive

SSAutomotive Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Prep out for a new ECU, assuming you shorted something. Check power to ECU, and any other fuses; ign., fuel inj., etc. If you have power to the ECU main then that's your dead giveaway. Good luck and seconding never cleaning injectors.