2012 Prius: What headlights do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by VicVicVic, Jan 5, 2019.

1. VicVicVic

VicVicVic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello. I will be getting my default 2012 Prius headlights replaced, and I am seeking recommendations. Ideally, I want something that is of good value - I can't set a budget because I know too little about how much I should spend. Also ideally, I want the brightest headlights I can legally have in California. Driving at night makes it a bit difficult because my headlights don't seem too bright; when I drive other people's cars, their default headlights seem to be much stronger.

Thank you!

2. putty

putty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    HID

Burna J and RMB like this.
  3. RMB

RMB Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Along with headlight HID/LED upgrade, perhaps time for a headlight cover polish/restoration? :cool: It's relatively cheap, $10-20 material and some muscle use?

My 2014 is starting to get cloudy and haze, I assume your 2012 is a bit worst on the haze? I found the driver side headlight is a bit worst than passenger side, probably due to inverter is sitting at driver side. Reason? Few times after I washed my Prius I can see warm moisture condensing on the driver side headlight housing coming through the hood. Take a close look next time you wash your car with a warm engine. :LOL:

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. ilovegirls

ilovegirls Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Led headlight conversion. Brighter than halogen and legal with a nice cut off line.

5. Kaynor09

Kaynor09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed a pair of Hikari Ultra LED's on my 2013 and they're AWESOME!!!!!!! They're 10 million times better than the standard bulbs. $90 on Amazon but Bulbfacts has a 10% off code :D

Robert Holt and Burna J like this.