1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 prius wouldn't start

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Azurechipmunk82, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Azurechipmunk82

Azurechipmunk82 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi! Yesterday I got back home and turned off the car and got out to lock it with the fob but the car didn't lock. I tried going back in and turning the car back on to see if it would do something but when I pressed on the brake (all the way) i heard the buzzer sound but the power button didn't light up at all like it usually does. The security immobilizer sign also stopped showing up (the red blinking light when the car is off). But if i open the door the door light shows up on the dashboard as well as the headlight and high beam light shows up. The headlights, high beams, and dome lights turn on and the car is honking. This is the third time something like this happened.

2. Solar Blue

Solar Blue Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Get your 12-volt battery tested. Most (all?) auto parts stores will do it for free.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and check all the connections. but if it's original, you need a new one anyway