1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 priusV , Brake, traction and ABS light keeps coming back!

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Atif Siddiqui, Apr 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I fell into the same trap.... had several toys and got hundreds of thousand of miles and only had a radiator or starter that I replaced ...
    Previa.... 430,000 still running.... camry 370,000 sold it for $1500 and now a Matrix and of course non hybrid....
    Prius pretty good till 150,000 then you can be in huge $$$ problems.... That's why I always post on here... DO NOT PURCHASE A USED GEN 3. And when the Inverter goes out you are screwed especially if on the Interstate very dangerous and the same thing with the junk brake system.
    And you lose any $$$ you saved on gas with HUGE Repair bills.... and then you never really trust the car again

faisalak7 likes this.
  2. faisalak7

faisalak7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Active
    @ChapmanF got the cable and scanned again same error codes , attached .

Now the question is how to check the Pump Motor Relay? i have checked the connecters they look fine, what is the best way to check the relays, can it be linked to the any other stuff i.e abs sensors , tyres or something ...
    I just dont know where to start from :(

upload_2023-9-20_17-22-45.png

FYI : i have done following by self
    water pump , egr valve clean, thermostate, cvt oil change, engine oil change , all the filters. cleaned intake manifold and throtle body, changed PCV valve , changed both the coolant .

worst scenario: if i have to chagne the booster pump and actuator will i be able to do it myselft in regards to the above information .

Many Thanks

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There should be about nine possible INF codes for a C1253; it would be useful to have that information.

Don't put too much stock in the code's fortune cookie saying "pump motor relay". It's better to look in the repair manual to see what the code and INF you have exactly mean.

I am not sure there is an accessible relay for you to play with, anyway; in the Gen 3 liftback, those are built into the actuator assembly. Still, there's ten pages of stuff you can check, in the repair manual.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Your screwed,....... sorry

5. faisalak7

faisalak7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Active
  6. faisalak7

faisalak7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Active
    quick update, brakes started working again and when scanned got these codes

upload_2023-10-15_20-8-52.png

the beep is stopped but the error lights on dash are still on .

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    C1203 can be kind of a wildcard code. It can mean something deep and mysterious about the skid ECU compatibility with another ECU in the car ... but it can also just show up when the linear solenoid learning hasn't been done. (The repair manual even says so.)

So take a deep breath, do that, and see if both the C1345 and the C1203 go away.

faisalak7 likes this.
  8. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Learn it…

9. faisalak7

faisalak7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Active
    Did the learning by telling the ECU i have changed the actuator did bleeding and car started working fine no lights and brake was perfect.

but but but next day started the car and same issue with beep and no brake.

I need to scan again and i believe i must change booster pump assembly as its cheaper part, if that still does not work then may be master cylinder which i am still struggling to find.