1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Solid Left Turn signal when headlights fully on.

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by diamonddaveb, Mar 20, 2015.

1. diamonddaveb

diamonddaveb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have searched the Owners Manual, forum and internet for help with this, but I can't come up with a solution. Perhaps I am not using the correct terminology. I also have an ALLDATA DIY subscription on this vehicle, but I could not find any instance of this occurring to be able to troubleshoot. I though that there might have been a light out somewhere.

Here is my issue: When I turn on my headlights, the left turn signal arrow on the dash is solid. All left signal lights on the vehicle are also solid. they stay solid the entire time that my lights are on, even with out trying to engage the left turn signal. If I go to engage the left turn signal, they stay solid. The right side appears to be working just fine.

When my lights are off or when I engage the daytime running lights, the turn signal indicator light on the dash is not solid and neither are my left lamps. When I engage the left signal, all lights appear to work just fine. The only way that I know that something is up is that my dash lights blink off and on while the left turn signal is engaged.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#1 diamonddaveb, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My educated guess would be a short near or at the turn signal / headlight switch stalk.

diamonddaveb likes this.
  3. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Or a missing ground for the left side turn signal lights.
    Corroded connectors can cause strange stuff to happen too.

While any competent shop should be able to fix this, my bet is that most won't be able to quickly or easily.
    That includes your Toyota dealer; unless they have a mechanic on staff that was trained and experienced before cars had "computers".