1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Transmission Fluid Change 46k

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by sw20td06, Jul 19, 2013.

1. sw20td06

sw20td06 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

I have 46k miles and I want to change the transmission fluid. I drive a tough commute, so I think it's cheap insurance to change it out now. My question is where is the drain and filler bolts? I've been searching old threads, however they are mainly for the Gen2.

Toyota Prius: How to Change the Transmission/Transaxle Fluid - PriusDIY.com
    I found this write up, however I don't know if the gnereal location of the bolts have changed on my 2012.

Here's what I know and gathered from the posts:

I know I am supposed to access the drain/filler bolts throguh the oil change panel and there are two allen head type bolts that I use a 3/8 socket to remove. Torque is 29 ft/lbs. I know I am supposed to only use WS Toyota fluid at 3.5 quarts and to remove the fill bolt first.

I don't know for sure where the drain and fill bolts are located in my car. There are some pics on other threads, but don't know if they apply to my Gen3. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to change it this weekend. Pictures with arrows or an explanation would be great! Thanks in advance.

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A