1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Aftermarket Radio install - help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by agreendc, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Jonathan Schwartz

Jonathan Schwartz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Did you ever figure out this issue, Keith? I just put a Pioneer MVHX560BT into my 2008 Prius with a PAC SWI-RC steering wheel control module. It sounds great, and the steering wheel controls for audio are good. However the buttons for climate control do not. In fact, I can't even control the climate on the touch screen center console. I'm hoping this is a ground somewhere as well.

2. lourenco

lourenco New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know this is an old thread. I just want to note that grounding pin 23 did restore the steering wheel controls for trip and the AC/heat on my 2014 Prius two.

Prieth and Run4Fun like this.
  3. Keith Elkin

Keith Elkin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Yes I thought I replied I guess not, grounding that pin did restore my steering wheel controls..

4. CapTech

CapTech Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am putting in a new radio in a 2010 prius and am not planning on using the audio steering wheel controls, but still need to use the trip/disp/ac controls. I was first wondering, if grounding pin 23 works for trip controls if you are not using a PAC or any other system to get audio controls to work? I am assuming it will but just checking. Also I was wondering if someone could post a diagram or link to one showing where pin 23 is, like which connector it is and which specific pin it is. I have not take the radio off yet but I have read many things talking about only a 20 pin connector not a connector with more than 20 pins, so wondering what it looks like. Thanks

5. Run4Fun

Run4Fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Have a 2012 Prius III. Verified that grounding pin 23 is needed to restore the right steering wheel controls whether or not you use an adapter for the left steering controls. Thank you!

The other things I got stuck on was connecting the blue wire on the antenna adapter to the 12V supply. I read it is needed for the antenna amplifier. Without it, radio reception will be incredibly poor with the aftermarket radio.

Prieth likes this.
  6. Dirtgirlchar

Dirtgirlchar New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

U have all functions work you dont have a picture of the diagram of the wires do u and did u still use the control box

7. wsalopek

wsalopek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    II
    Bump for a picture/diagram of pin 23...thanks.