1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Auris Hybrid Liftback and Sports Tourer Hybrid

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by Mister MMT, Sep 29, 2012.

1. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I like the Sports Tourer Hybrid

You can see diesel hybrids in Europe from Peugeot:
    3008 hybrid 4 gets 6.2 l/100 km (38 MPG)
    3008 diesel gets 6.6 l/100 km (36.6 MPG)
    Übersicht: Peugeot - 3008 - Spritmonitor.de
    Where is the huge improvement? Maybe Peugeot doesn't understand the concept of synergy between ICE and electro motor?

Diesel in Europe is popular because of one simple fact, price for the energy content in fuel:
    Diesel: 1.402 EUR/l / 9.853 kWh/l = 0.142 EUR/kWh
    Petrol: 1.484 EUR/l / 8.7675 kWh/l = 0.169 EUR/kWh

R-P likes this.
  2. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

not to mention the price... almost 60% more.

3. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

Mister MMT - it seems those french guys from your forums like the new Auris or am I being mistaken? Google translation does not pick up subtetlies of most languages... it is like use sledge hammer to write a letter :)

4. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

thats the one that i read, whats the other one?

edit: not thats but whats

6. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

yeah, got it - thanks.

pricing seems ok? hard to figure out if the old pricing on toyota.fr site has big discounts calculated in or not?

Everyone mentioned good feeling steering wheel - it is because they used real nappa leather there :). Even that leather across the dash is real. But cant expect Japanese to get everything in the interior perfect though.

I am not sure if you know or not, but from the videos so far, it doesnt seem like there is optitron illumination anymore?

8. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    no optitron anymore, I think, since you see the numbers etc before "ready". I have it on our T25 and its marvellous.

I read though the HSI indicator needle turns orange when it goes in Power.

Jan

9. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Pricing in France is OK, because you get a bonus of max 4000 Euro, limited to 10% of the final negociated price, options included. So between 2200 and 2600 Euro.

10. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

yeah, they are cool... I still dont understand why would anyone get Auris HSD over Prius HSD... but oh well, who am I? :).

This new one is certainly a lot better overall regardless of trying it out or not, simply because of the trunk.

But for me, it seems price difference is only around €2000 and why would you get old Auris for €2000 less than Prius?

11. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius, especially the 2004-2009 is the icone. Auris is a "normal", Golf class car.

Many people prefer "normal" cars. The Golf cannot be more "normal".

Prius has dull steering and handling and bumpy (rear) suspension. The new Auris is said to have very decent steering and handling. Its rear suspension is similar to the Avensis.

The Sports Tourer will have plenty of trunk space (ca 500 l), and could become a runner, not only as a Hybrid.

12. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

yeah... but it all depends on the tuning... i am sure Auris will be comfy, it always was good over bumps.

But new Avensis T27.... pretty bad over a series of holes (not one, but when there are many)... they say facelift fixed that but originally, wasnt a smooth car.... by far the biggest real problem of Avensis.

Since I lived for a bit in the USA, and not your average European (from Croatia), I dont like Wagons at all... I do hope it is good and sells well... it seems to have very low trunk opening which is good.

Anyway, I am glad about this new Auris and Rav4 interiors... hopefully Prius is done in the same way. My wife still says that our 2003 Prius was our best car.

13. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

14. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

15. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

from CarKeys:

16. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II

I recently quoted this link (Peugeot 3008) in another thread (about VW diesel hybrid). Looking at the 2.0 diesel vs. the 2.0 diesel-hybrid the official numbers from the factory are 5.6 vs. 3.8 l/100km. (42 vs 62mpgUS)
    I think it is safe to say it is extremely far from advertised efficiency...(n)

Sorry: back on topic...

BTW, I think I saw this discussion before, but why is it advertised as the first hybrid estate? Why won't they simply call the Prius Wagon (the V?) a station wagon/estate/break???

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wait what? I don't understand your last post. You said it's called "the first hybrid estate" and then you ask why isn't the Prius+ called an estate?

18. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I read the Auris wagon was called the first hybrid estate in the Netherlands iirc, and I think I saw this mentioned on here some months ago too, might have this wrong in my memory though.

I consider the Prius wagon to be an estate/station wagon.

I googled it some more but can now only find "the first station hybrid in its class". So I may simply have overlooked the 'in its class' remark... In that case, disregard my ramblings :whistle:

19. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahh I see. I would've considered the Auris a hatchback and not an estate. The Prius+ can be classified as an estate or an MPV.

20. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In Europe, the Prius Wagon is a 7-seater MPV (US-class). Its shape has something of an estate, but according to European nomenclature, it is a mini-van. Estates are called break, brake, kombi, and are based on the limousine or hatchback version.

An estate version od the Auris II hatchback, 30 cm longer and with a larger booth, will be launched in July.

The Prius V available in North America is a 5-seater, but in Europe, would still belong to the mini-vans. It is wider, longer and higher then the Prius Hatchback.

Some think it is not available (yet?) in Europe, because it could take away sales from the Auris Estate, produced in the UK, not Japan.

Jan