1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Auris Hybrid Liftback and Sports Tourer Hybrid

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by Mister MMT, Sep 29, 2012.

1. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Auris TS (Touring Sports) was presented to the press on Mallorca, the trunk is huge:

You can also order OEM trailer hitch but you can tow only 345 kg. Luggage capacity of the hybrid is the same as non hybrid.

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Saw one the other day. The Auris Touring/Estate/Station Wagon looks good. Probably too small for our American friends, but it's a very useful or useable car and doesn't make that hybrid 'statement' that the Prius does.

You can have a nice looking family car with good luggage capacity and fuel economy. It's also made just down the road from me too which is even better (y)

Fostel likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it'll be competing in the compact class I think if Toyota were to bring it over. It's too bad that estates aren't popular here. It looks very stylish and super accommodating. (ok maybe rear legroom would be "just right" rather than generous but the boot is definitely commodious). People here would prefer the higher seating position afforded by the Prius v. The Matrix (which is our take on a Corolla hatchback) hasn't been seeing strong sales recently and there have been rumours that this will be the last generation of the Matrix (the first generation was launched in 2003, second in 2008). However, if it's replaced by the Auris (not the Touring Sports), that might be a good compromise.

4. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just to present my brand new Auris HSD Lounge. I think is an outstanding car.
    Some Prius 2010 owner that swapped its Prius for the new Auris says it's a lot better as far as construction, silence, handling is concerned.
    I found particularly impressive the handling, it beheave as a real sport car. My Trim version is the top specs with std 17".
    The structure and suspensions are a complete re-design relative to the 2010 Auris, that share the same underbody with the Lexus CT200h. So Auris 2013 is actually a step ahead of the Lexus CT200h.

[​IMG]

My own FE on Spritmonitor: Details: Toyota - Auris Hybrid - Auris 2013 HSD Lounge - Spritmonitor.de

Cheers,
    Max
    Italy

R-P and GrumpyCabbie like this.
  5. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey Max, looking good. You able to publish a few side and rear view pictures so our American friends can see what a great car it is?

(it's also made just down the road from me too (y) )

6. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Grumpy, and thanks!
    Yes, they're in your neighborhood, don't they? I bet you don't have to wait 6 months to get hold of one, as i did :)
    Unfortunately i did'nt got a lot of pics of mine, actually very few... but i'll tale some in the future. This one extra for now:
    [​IMG]

GrumpyCabbie likes this.
  7. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I like the new Auris and the Auris Wagon. The old Auris was fugly to say the least though.

Maxwell61 likes this.
  8. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

new Auris looks pretty, and quality too.

9. Fostel

Fostel Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Excel
    Interesting...