1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Avalon Hybrid

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by windstrings, May 3, 2013.

1. radmangto

radmangto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am at a loss as to why adding the Avalon Hybrid (not even adding the 3 diff versions) to the drop down menu is such a maor issue. It seems like such a small thing especially with the growing popularity of the Avalon Hybrid.

Maybe cut back on the heavy # of Pruis choices in the menu drop down. :)

Yoi ..... help us out there guys .... :>))
    Regards,
    RadmanGTO

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if it makes you feel any better, there are no other toyota or lexus hybrids on the menu.

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The wholesale objective of any store is to get customers. So they broaden their base and try their best to become a "one stop fits all" store by becoming bigger and offering more options.

Why chase away long time resources because the site doesn't evolve with technology?

Yes the Avalon has a different name but it and the camry etc are all cousins.... "Not" a different breed. All made from the same blueprints... Just evolved.

If we can have a Freds house of pancakes and talk about Obama and what our cat looks like, it certainly seems good to have a section for toyota hybrids if all types.

When it comes to other car manufacturers, sure..... Use a different site... But even that could have an obscure platform.

Alan.. Sent with GS4

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm not saying you can't have it. and i don't know the reasons behind the decisions, but i doubt there is much interest from other hybrid owners except for the few you see here which languish in obscurity.

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's a jump... Jump like me.
    I have grown to trust toyota and admire their workmanship.
    I will scarcely jump to another manufacturer with a poor track record that hasn't won my trust. .

Prius owners are interested in anything toyota does..... It does have to have a prius label.

Alan.. Sent with GS4

6. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Just found this thread, I too have an Avalon hybrid, but not the Limited, I have the Touring, I do like it, but have just found a couple of minor defects in it (I've owned it less than a month) comparing to my 11 Prius which was flawless at delivery I'm a bit disappointed.

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Share your defects, maybe I have them too and didn't notice!

Alan............. A hump?..... What hump?

8. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Remember I said minor. The front dome light is in two parts, the passenger side dome light cover is fogged over, but it doesn't rub out, looks like the plastic is bad. There was also the remnents of a piece of tape on the cover, don't know what that means. The passenger side front bumper is loose, one of the fittings is not holding the bumper in place it is bulging out a bit, I can push it in but after a minute or so it comes back out. The driver's side is in place and firm.
    I think I'm disappointed because the Japanese made Prius was flawless, and the Kentucky made Avalon was not. I'm a guy who wants to buy made in USA, but the guys over here have to do their part.

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Only thing I don't like is the dark Windows.. I can't see out well at night....

10. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    There is no hump the Avalon is front wheel drive!

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    (^_-)

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    why do they have dark windows?

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine had them on the showroom floor, wife had to have it.... Too bad they haven't perfected glass going clear at night.... That would work!

14. radmangto

radmangto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't posted since ~May '13 .... I guess being relegated to "other" is like poking someone in the eye with a stick .... and then saying nothing ..... :>))

We have over 10,000 miles on our Avalon and have found it to be a grand replacement for our 2o12 Cad, except in horsepower. Getting on average 39 mpg DOES help mitigate the lack of power .... :>))

Yes, I enjoy the sport mode .... even a tach pops up .... !!!

Just had the 10K syn oil change and other than the 5K checkup, she has not been in for any issues. Typical Toyo!
    Since I used the Costco plan, I got $250 in service/accessory free, so I purchased the trunk rug and net plus a few other small items. Great deal !
    Regards,
    Radman
    ...... what hump ..... :>))
    ---------------------------------------------

15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes it's amazing to have a car that large and luxurious that has the power it does with its gas mileage. Way more power than I ever find myself needing to get out of a jam.

16. wudbuchr

wudbuchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just joined the Avalon Crowd. I traded my 2006 (Mod 5) Prius for a "New" 2013 Avalon XLE Touring Hybrid. I found the car by searching the internet and got a GREAT deal. MSRP was $38,587. and I got it for my Prius and $30300 OTD. The Avalon only had 100 miles on it when we picked it up in Knoxville (about 275 miles away) and we averaged 45.3 MPG on the trip home. WOW! what a difference in response, ride, and quietness. Needless to say, we are VERY pleased with the trade.

17. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow! What speed were you averaging and what was the average temp outside during the drive?

Make sure to keep up updated!

18. wudbuchr

wudbuchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    55 - 65 MPH ambient temp 58 degrees traveling from Knoxville (East Tenn) to Lexington (West Tenn). New engine, trying to break it in gently (I know, I know, they say new engines don't require a break-in period but this old geezer does!)

I put 99,800 miles on my 2006 Prius and it was never in the shop. During its lifetime I replaced the serpentine belt once, the 23V battery 3 times, ran through 3 sets of tires and the passenger side headlight (HID) four times. I cleaned the MAF sensor once and the throttle body once. Other than that, I changed the oil & oil filter every 5K miles and the air filter every 10K miles.

19. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't know the 2006 had a serpentine belt. The Gen3 doesn't.

20. wudbuchr

wudbuchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It may be called the alternator belt or some other name, but it runs the water pump, alternator, and is powered by the crank shaft. if you look at the left side of the engine you should be able to see the belt - it is only about a half inch wide. look between the engine and fender on the riders side.