1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Ford Fusion debuts along with 47-MPG Fusion Hybrid, 100-MPGe Fusion Energi

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2013 Ford Fusion Titanium EcoBoost video!

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

it is excellent regardless of anything...

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    When CR and other mainstream car magazines start driving with economy in mind during their reviews, I'll start caring about what mpg they get.

I was pressed for time recently, and still managed to beat the EPA in the HHR while exceeding the limits. Absolutely no hypermiling then. Guess I'm just stuck with Cleanmpg review numbers for use as goals.

5. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

He is talking about CR mpg tests where they drive car over the same course and log the mpg to compare with other cars.

6. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    CR is better than the enthuseist car magazines because they do use a private track for two of the three tests. However, their testing center is in Connecticut, outdoors. They don't test in rain or snow, but there is a real winter there with marked temperature differences during the year. Then there is no way of ensuring cars driven the same way through the track. Two runs is better than one, but it isn't enough to level out the variables.

Their test is on public roads. Now there is traffic involved. A massive variable.

Looking at the Prius numbers with have you questioning their methods. The combined is lower than Fuelly's average, and the city is in the lower 30's.

7. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The new fusion sounds sweet! Ford usually costs more.

8. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The Fusion hybrid does cost more than the Camry hybrid LE, but it may come equipped at the level of the XLE.

9. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    $1210 more. With the fusion you get 17" wheels and better mileage YMMV. The camry gets more horsepower. There are other minor differences in standard equipment, but price is close to equal that deal at the dealership may make more difference.

2013 Ford Fusion | Detailed Vehicle Comparison | Ford.com

Try the options you want on both to compare the price.

10. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I wish Ford recessed the console lcd screen. Looks like it will challenged by direct sunlight.

11. wanaset

wanaset Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was planning on waiting for this car but decided not to. My main concern was Ford's reliability. Car looks much better than the Prius though.

12. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    What major reliability problems has Ford had recently?

The MyTouch, or whatever their infotainment system is called, dragged their ratings down. The complaint though was about the interface being to cumbersome and complicated. Bad user experience isn't good, but it wasn't breaking down. It didn't leave people stranded.

When first introduced, the six speed transmission in the Camry had complaints that lowered its reliability rating. There was nothing wrong with the transmissions brought in for service. It might have been shifting a little harder than what the driver thought should have been normal, or possibly experiencing two more shift points than their norm pushed them out of a comfort zone. I'm sure the gen2 Prius had should complaints filed on a survey because of the different noises coming from under the hood.