1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Package 3 Speakers Upgrade

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Hopopotamus, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Hopopotamus

Hopopotamus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After driving Gen 2 for over 10 years I purchased Gen 3 few weeks ago. One of the things I noticed right away is that sound quality is mediocre at best. For the record I'm not audiophile nor do I want to impress anyone how loud my system is. All I want is decent bolt on sound system.

So with that said, I would like to change all 6 stock speakers only and see if that will do the trick. I looked online at used factory JBL speakers, but they seem pricey (for what they are). Are they actually worth the money, or should I look in to something else? I did check out some aftermarket speakers but it seems like no one is really making true bolt on replacement (especially for little in dash speakers).

I'm basically looking for any advice or guidance you can offer. Did you find aftermarket speakers that fit right in without modifications? Do you have specs of what should be comparable with Gen 3 package 3 stereo?

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, prius audio is brutal