1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 pearl white Persona Sport series

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jared Nelson, Apr 20, 2013.

1. teamsc10190

teamsc10190 Stereo Prii (2011 and 2006)

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is a port accessory package from the independent Toyota importer in the Southeast. It's not a sanctioned option package and the components were not developed by TMS or TMC.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ^ what teamsc said. It's not a Toyota package (heck, that SPORT badge isn't found on any Prius). It's something that SET does on their own.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So they took away the Persona 17" wheels and swapped in a set of forged Prius Plus 17" wheels and added a body kit for an extra $3100? On top of the Persona price? Yikes! :(

It's sitting on stock springs (non-lowered) and on the Toyo Proxes A20s instead of the Michelin Primacy MXM4.

It's nice and I hate to sound shrewd but that is a bum package for the price. Unless that $28k included the Sport upgrade.

4. veetskeet

veetskeet New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ^ On the Toyota website, I remember seeing that the exact package you have, the wheels and body kit, is the appearance package, and has an MSRP of $2499 if I am not mistaken. Seems like they added another few hundred on top of it and trying to pass it as a sport package from Toyota.

5. veetskeet

veetskeet New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Actually I am wrong, the wheels and body kit appearance package is $2999 MSRP on the website, so they added $100 for crooked emblems, :/

6. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Dislike... The dealer that is, overpriced and cannot even use an OEM TRD sport emblem? My niece learned how to glue stuff straight in pre-school. I would go back and sock the salesman that sold it to you:mad: I can just see them take the Persona wheels that belonged to you and put it on another base Prius and call it a Persona.

What's the law on vehicle purchase in your area? I would take it back or at least demand the Persona wheels that you paid for in the original package. Visit the toyota website and look under Persona/Plus package and compare every option that is supposed to be on your vehicle. Hopefully nothing else is missing:cautious: From the looks of it your vehicle is neither a Persona nor a performance Plus, it is only parts of the options from those packages thrown together, definitely not worth the sticker price. For a little over 30K you can have a real Performance Plus Persona with 2 sets of wheels 27K Persona + 3499 for Performance Plus package...... and that's MSRP:eek:

If you are stuck with the deal. Discount Toyota Parts has the TRD springs and Sway Bar for $400 DIY install is not too bad. First thing first, use a hair dryer and remove those cheap Sport emblems. Aside from the shady deal, you have a really nice ride, congrats.
    Find Toyota Parts at Discount Toyota Parts - DiscountToyotaParts.com

Attached Files:

sfv41901 and kronos89 like this.
  7. kronos89

kronos89 CHRRYPRL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I agree

8. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Congrats. Interesting how they packaged it.

9. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    U know they took those persona wheels & sold them for a pretty penny

10. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I got ripped off on my 1st teenage car purchase... never again! Sorry if I overreacted. Shady businesses really gets to me:mad:

11. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Isn't that all relative to what was paid? Hope it wasn't full price of Persona + package...

12. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Nice shot of rear bumper guard.. I've been debating about that.

13. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    He posted an invoice on the 1st page and looks like it was Persona + $4185 of options with a 1K discount!

It is cheaper to get the whole Performance Package for the Prius Five, shouldn't it be the same for the Persona? Since the Persona comes with the same wheels as the five?

14. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I've seen a metal one that said Prius on it on the MOD page but I couldn't find it again, I wonder if it was JDM.

15. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Stainless, yes, there's both. Fake and JDM.

16. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    That's my next little project, just need to find the right paint to match my wheels so I can paint the bottom side body molding and the bumper protector the silver/chrome finish doesn't go well with my car. I can't wait to get rid of the bumper sticker my car came with @@