1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 PiP at 188K so far

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Witness, May 31, 2018.

1. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    o_O D'oh..yeah I guess checking their website might help..lol. Thx for the reminder.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. Witness

Witness Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well folks, I pulled the trigger earlier. Went in to look at the Advance that was discounted below what Costco pricing was in the light gray. Checked on the dark gray that I wanted, but cost more due to alloy rims, sill light, applique, etc and still got a decent deal out of it. The PiP will go to my friend and I'll be rolling around in a new Prime.

Some things that I was mulling over:
    • I was quoted ~31,700 for the Premium model via Costco at one dealership. I got a quote for that light gray Advance model at 31,855. This was before the $2,000 rebate. Picking up the dark gray with those extras cost $1,500 which he automatically knocked down from $1,850.
    • The missing 5th seat still bothered me, but I finally got over it.
    • The trunk is small enough that it became a concern. Measuring with my arms, I found that the height was 3" shorter compared to the PiP. This meant I couldn't stow the rolling carry-on vertically and larger boxes may be more difficult to transport.
    • That glove box is small and I miss the PiP's double glove box.
    • The HUD was invisible when I was wearing my polarized sunglasses.
    • The missing CD player annoyed me as I have been borrowing audiobooks from the library lately.
    • The single USB port also annoyed me.
    • I'm not keen on the large tablet for the bulk of the car's interface and prefer tactile knobs and buttons.
    Still, I feel good about the decision I made. Thank you all for being my sounding board - it helped. Have a great weekend everyone!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i missed this, congrats, great deal! all the best(y)

Witness likes this.