1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 PIP, what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by spudnut, Sep 20, 2020.

1. spudnut

spudnut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am probably just blowing smoke, but just this morning I see a 2017 RAV4 hybrid at one local stealership, and at another, a '17 Chevy Bolt. Keep in mind this isn't California but rural Idaho so they are probably less sought after, if at all. Right now I have a '99 RAV4, AWD, sound mechanically, 165 K, and my '13 PIP with 79K. I HAVE to have AWD during the winter, at least much of the time. The ad doesn't say if the 4 is AWD or 2 wheel, if two its a non starter. If it's AWD, I'll ask the sales guy (it's a Toyota dealer, I bought my PIP, used, there, plus a new pickup 30 years ago) what they will give me trade in value on my PIP. I fully expect it to be a ridiculously low amount, much lower then I could get if I sold it myself, but I would use that knowledge to make them a ridiculously low counter offer on the 4. I don't really need to do anything, so I have nothing to lose. I would also sell or trade in my '99 4.

I sure don't need a Bolt and a PIP both, but a hybrid 4 for longer trips and winter, and the Bolt for everything else, kind of makes sense. I have a business, one or both of these rigs could be bought for the business, and I will have a tax bill to pay this year, I need a write off! Since I have free electricity due to my bigger then needed grid tied wind, solar, and hydro electrical systems, the Bolt fuel cost would be zero. My average commute is 30-40 miles, so range won't be an issue.

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Kbb.com.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    in your area? 7500.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what about prime with $4500. tax credit and a couple grande off?

5. spudnut

spudnut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oops, meant to post this in the general discussion forum.
    $7500.00 seems low, but of course I would think that! I was hoping for around 10, but that's just a guess.

Anyway, while at the dealership, maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a used Prime.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would love 10 too, but even here in tree hugger country, my 12 with 70k is only worth around 8. of course, private sale might yield more.