1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius (1) non-transponder key

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by HSuIPT, Jan 2, 2017.

1. HSuIPT

HSuIPT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Received 2 keys with my Prius yesterday, wondering if there is an option to get the foldable compact keyfob. I hate putting such a large key in my pocket. I understand my Prius does not have an alarm or immobilizer, wondering if it will be worth the cost.

[​IMG]

2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Your Prius does have an immobilizer. Don't take my word for it. Open up the key fob. Take out the metal piece and see if it starts the car without the rest of the fob...make sure there is enough metal to pull out afterwards.

Here's something to get you started on a different key fob.
    [Info Summary] Lexus Credit Card Smart Key | PriusChat

3. HSuIPT

HSuIPT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    [
    Thank you, looks like there is no easy to way to replace this unit.

Related, I've read the Toyota anti-theft options for the Prius might not make a lot of difference. Years ago, I used secure my steering wheel with something called The Club used in conjunction with The Cap, a highly visible "brute force" deterrent. My car was never stolen, but I think no one was interested enough to steal an old car. I am hoping the same logic applies for my Prius C, who the heck would want it? They wouldn't exactly be making a fast getaway.