1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JudyLSC, Aug 11, 2016.

1. JudyLSC

JudyLSC New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Bluetooth was working and I could take phone calls while driving. Now it won't pick up calls.
    The Audio panel shows Bluetooth OFF. Nothing happens when I touch the screen.
    How do I get the Bluetooth ON?

2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. I presume you've gone into settings for Bluetooth and ensured it's enabled?

2. Did you check that your phone's BT hasn't been turned off...or is actively paired with another device?

3. What kind of phone?

4. Did you do anything to "reset" the head unit or your phone? I think the "code" for BT connection is a default of 0000, but if something's thrown that off, you're not getting connected because the code is wrong.

When I get in, if the BT pairs, it tells me that a music playback device was successfully connected then it tells me a phone was successfully connected. Apparently, the iPhone registers as two devices although there's just one connection. Phone works no matter what, but I must be tuned to "Bluetooth" on the head unit to listen to music, podcasts, Siri directions, etc.

Likewise, if I leave my phone on Airplane Mode or leave it home, I'll get a message about the head unit NOT successfully connecting to a music playback device or a phone.

Xterra72 likes this.