1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius C 2- Base Radio Problems

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Celliott1778, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Celliott1778

Celliott1778 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I recently bought this used from a Toyota dealer and the radio has been a huge issue. First was issues with Bluetooth connectivity and the dealer eventually replaced. Today, I get in the car this morning and the radio won't do anything, it lights up, shows it ok 87.9 FM, which is dead air in my area, and then none of the buttons work...can't switch to Bluetooth, can't even change the dial or volume! I turned car off and on, same issue. I am about done with this system, wanted to keep so I could keep factory Bluetooth mic, but I am ready to throw in the towel. Anyone else have any issues like this or suggestions? Thank you

2. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    How recently, was there an implied warranty period for the car? If really recently, weeks, I would approach the dealership for help, they may do some sort of good will repair.
    Gasoholic

3. Celliott1778

Celliott1778 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There is a 3 month/3k mile warranty on power train. Dealer relaxed the first radio and didn't have to, but I think their radios aren't good. He said Toyota makes great cars, but stereos have issues. His wife, a friend of mine, has similar issues in a RAV4.

4. Christophers

Christophers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm currently having issues with me navigation. Hopefully Toyota will fix it.

5. Philip from Canada

Philip from Canada Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

The base radio is kind of funky from the star , upgrade to a touch screen , designed to work with the car , plug-and-play , save you the customs installation bill too.

6. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Man I wish that I hadn't read this thread. No problems until 10 minutes after reading. Bluetooth dropping constantly. Swung by the dealership and talked to my friend back in the shop. No update for a Prius C. 2 radio (base) but there is one for the "Entune" version. He's going to look at it sometime this week. I'll post if anything was found. (Note: Only having Bluetooth connectivity issues, none of the other problems you mentioned)

*edit: should add I realize this thread is a bit old, but maybe the info can help someone else if they are having issues*