1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius C braking/traction control

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Cooper Mahoney, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Cooper Mahoney

Cooper Mahoney New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I have a 2013 prius c one. Never had an issue with it. About a week ago, I was backing up a steep driveway and all my brake lights(abs,traction control, and ((!)) ) light all came on at once after using the HAC function. Every now and then those lights will all turn off at once but once I try to brake, my traction control blinks and makes it harder to break since the engine monetarily stalls due to the safety function of the traction control button flashing when braking. I hooked up a code reader to my Prius and no codes were found. I tried to erase the codes, that even make them disappear. Took it to autozone, they couldn’t find any codes reading up on the vehicle either.
    Any suggestion or similar experiences?
    Thanks

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    One of your speed sensor is out or loose cable on the sensors

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you can get it to a shop that has Toyota Techstream, see if that finds "no codes".

Reports of "no codes" from other code readers are not as convincing to me.

Techstream can also ask for records of exactly what was happening the last four times the traction light came on.

If no chance for reading codes with Techstream, the next time those lights are on, you can try to retrieve the codes the jumper-wire-and-count-light-blinks way. That eliminates dodgy code readers as a variable.