1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius c door actuators

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Risa Morewitz, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Risa Morewitz

Risa Morewitz New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    hey, I know there are other posts on this, but none that match my exact situation...

My doors began to malfunction about a month ago. First the passenger back door wouldn’t lock when I pushed the interior lock button, but now it’s working on-and-off again. Then my driver door lock stopped working and hasn’t regained function and now the passenger front door is doing the same thing. If the actuator is the issue, shouldn’t the doors not still be sporadically working? Also, is it not odd that 3 doors went out at the same time?

I’ve also had an issue where 5 of my bulbs (headlight, taillights, even he light over my livenfr plate) burned out at about the same time as when the door started malfunctioning.

Does this still sound like a door actuator issue? Or is it some system-wide problem that I should be more concerned about?

Thanks for any help!

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Mine were intermittent for a few months before failing completely. Passenger front went first, then drivers front around a year later.

Having 3 doors and 5 bulbs all go out at the same time sounds like an electrical issue, honestly. Or extremely bad timing.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the 12v health.