1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 prius c headrests -replacement

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Paul Klinedinst, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Paul Klinedinst

Paul Klinedinst New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I removed my 2 front headrests and 1 right rear headrest when I bought my car. Unfortunately they got thrown out of my storage unit by mistake.

I need to replace these if I plan to sell my car or trade in.

I am trying to find on Ebay and the factory and OEM listed all are for prius only and not prius c. Will the OEM 2010-15 prius headrests also work for the prius c. They appear to look the same.

Thanks in advance
    Paul

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know if those parts will interchange, but it is possible.

you can also try car-part.com to source secondhand auto parts locally. It's just a search engine for participating individual parts recyclers.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You can find the headrests here:

FRONT SEAT & SEAT TRACK. 2013 Toyota Prius c Base | Toyota Parts Center Online

And here:

REAR SEAT & SEAT TRACK. 2013 Toyota Prius c Base | Toyota Parts Center Online

OMG: checking the prices, one rear headrest is $537.12 MSRP (all USD), and closest US dealership to me is asking $381.03. That was an expensive mistake!

You don't want to know the price for the front headrests...

Ugh, what the heck is with this. I've occasionally popped ours out for convenience, didn't realize they were gold.

Anyway, you can scoop parts numbers from above, maybe track something down. Salvage yard?

#3 Mendel Leisk, Jan 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  4. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I removed the rear seat headrest on my old Prius C and placed them in a grocery bag. Much better rear view vision. They bounced around in my trunk for years. I'd occasionally put them back in; when friends ride-along. I traded the car in and found them in my garage a few weeks later. I guess it got tossed out while I was cleaning out the car for trade-in. Unfortunately, It got trashed a few weeks later. I would've placed them on ebay or here; if I knew they were that expensive. The dealership never asked for them back.

5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We usually remove ours for better rear vision, but we found that they store very well beneath the front seats. No interference with the height adjustment on the drivers' side, or with rear seat passengers' toes.

Vieve likes this.
  6. Vieve

Vieve New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I would gladly give the front headrests from my 2013 Prius C 4 to anyone who can find me headrests that will fit in their place and not push my head forward and down. Until then, I'm driving with the headrests turned backwards.