1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius C One LED Brake Light Removal/Installation

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Gerard Pow, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Gerard Pow

Gerard Pow New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hi All,
    New to this website. I have a 2013 Prius C One. Both tail light assemblies became cracked/unsealed leading to water collection and moisture in the assembly. I have new OEM assemblies to replace the cracked ones.
    Can anyone give me any pointers or direct me to a video on how to disengage/remove the LED brake light assembly?
    I can disengage all of the wires but can't figure out how to remove the LED assembly to swap into the new tail light assembly.
    The part I need direction on how to disengage is #4 in the attached diagram.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks!
    G Pow

Attached Files:

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    2013 isn't LED... unless I'm mistaken.

3. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I had to swap out one of my taillights, due to the same problem (and I don't think the taillight had been hit by anything other than the glue/seams started to come apart)...so it could be an issue with quality of the OEM taillights in general? Although it never got to the point where it shorted/messed with anything, it just got pretty bad seeing a puddle of water at the bottom of the taillights.

If I remember correctly it was sort of a plug and play after removing all the wires and freeing the taillight (unless the replacement you bought didn't come with that #4 lights).

I'm thinking that if it's held in place by that screw, then remove screw, and the ole twist to unlock then pop out (like how you popped out all those wires).