1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius C One Oil Filter Wrench

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lindyhistory, Feb 20, 2019.

1. lindyhistory

lindyhistory Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I have purchased 3 so far with no luck. Anyone know of a wrench that definitely works on the Prius C One?
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. Zeppo Shanski

Zeppo Shanski Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    [​IMG]
    Toyota, Lexus, Scion 64mm Oil Filter Wrench For 1.8L 4 Cylinder Engines
    • Perfect Fit - this 64mm 14 flute oil filter wrench has been designed, built, and tested to fit the oil filter cap used on many late model Toyota 1.8L engines.
    • Professional Grade - high quality construction using forged 6061 T5 aluminum and anodized black so it'll last the life of your vehicle.
    • 2 Drive Options - it can be operated using a 3/8" ratchet or with a 27mm / 1-1/16" socket.

• This oil filter wrench ONLY works on the Toyota 1.8L engine with the cartridge style filter system. It does not fit standard spin-off filters. This engine is found in vehicles such as Corolla, Prius, Lexus CT200h, and others.

Specifications
      Model # MX2321
      Size: 64mm
      Flutes: 14
      Construction: Forged
      Material: 6061 T5 Aluminum
      Square Drive Size: 3/8"
      Hex Drive Socket Size: 27mm / 1-1/16"
      Finish: Anodized black
      Warranty: 1 year
      Made In: Taiwan
    • I hope this is what you are looking for.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Presuming the dimensions are the same as regular Prius oil filter: Honda automotive oil filter wrench works fine. Just google that, very easy to find. Our son's Mazda CX-5 filter is compatible too.

It's just a basic, heavy gauge stamped steel socket, 14-face, slightly over 64 mm inside face-to-face:

[​IMG]

I don't understand the need for the extended side wall, slotted to match up with the stiffeners: a solution in search of a problem.

I've done maybe 17 oil changes on our 2010 now, no problems.

Check the dimensions of your oil filter with a caliper to confirm the outside face-to-face dimension, but I would bet it's 64 mm.

4. Zeppo Shanski

Zeppo Shanski Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Now I'm not any of the engineers that spec'ed out the product ... but I've bought and used many multipurpose tools in the past. Maybe ... and I'm just suggesting "maybe" ... "... the need for the extended side wall, slotted to match up with the stiffeners ..." is so that the one(1) tool could be used for many more applications than just the "13 Prius C One"? ... Maybe?