1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius C One, what's this plug?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by DarkWolf, Sep 3, 2019.

1. DarkWolf

DarkWolf New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hey folks. I'm getting ready to swap out the big standard 4 speaker (front only) radio for a new double din. I've got what I think are all the plugs for factory swap, minus manually running wires to the read doors... But this plug escapes me. Is there a need to plug into it? The other install kits for radio and swc have nothing for it. So what's it for? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I can’t remember if it was the steering wheel controls or something else, but it was not one of the primary functions of the stereo.

DarkWolf likes this.
  3. DarkWolf

DarkWolf New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for the reply. Seems the SWC harness I picked up was NOT the right one for my car, being a 20 pin. After a bunch of digging, the correct one is a 28 pin, so you're right on that. Appreciate it. :)

4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info) is a good way to answer questions like this. It shows that connector G41, terminals 4–6 and 18–19, are connected to the microphone in the Roof Console Box Assembly; terminals 11 and 25–28, to the No. 1 Stereo Jack Adapter Assembly; terminal 17, to the vehicle speed output of the Combination Meter Assembly; and terminals 21 and 22, to the Steering Pad Switch Assembly.

5. Richard e Beaver

Richard e Beaver New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Did you happen to notice if the wiring was in place where the rear speakers would have been? Swapping out my head unit and was just going to no even bother hooking the new harness up for the rear speakers that are ot there..