1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius C with 27K Miles: What to Clean and Inspect?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by PriusCamper, Dec 11, 2020.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Prius C folks...

I'm a Gen2 guy mostly and this is the first Prius C I've worked on, but I've been following Prius C forums for a long time.

Tonight a family who I've worked on their Gen 1 Prius over the years is dropping off their newly inherited 2013 Prius C with only 27K miles. The dearly departed had their car sitting for 1/2 a year but it had a new 12v installed before then and car is currently running great with no issues.

I'm going to have a look at the hybrid battery and build a spread sheet of module health for future reference, as well as do some Prolong charging and balancing of the battery pack this weekend.

Also will do a deep cleaning and inspection of the whole vehicle. Family is about to have a baby and their main concern is getting a very faint smell of perfume and cigarette smoke out of the interior.

As for what I know of Prius C it seems the most common problem I've read about on here are the door locks have problems, as well as a tiny bit of leaking of oil from the timing chain cover. so I'll make sure to inspect all that as best I can. Is there preventative maintenance for the door lock issue?

What else? As in what are the most common problems that Prius C will experience in a PNW climate where we almost never have salt on the roads and it rarely gets too hot or too cold, just lots of rain?

Anything you can think of that needs inspecting?

Anything that tends to get dirty or is prone to breaking early on?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's a pic of load testing the modules and screenshots of Dr. Prius app and spread sheet:

PXL_20201212_085354535.jpg

Screenshot_20201211-233212.png

Screenshot from 2020-12-12 11-22-00.png

Note that the slight difference in voltages are mostly the difference in low quality multi-testers, not differences in actual modules.