1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius Dashboard Unit.. can it be swapped?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Justin_Oklahoma, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Justin_Oklahoma

Justin_Oklahoma New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So sadly I lost my 2013 Persona Series SE Prius to an unfortunate run in with a deer. That was a sweet car with the special interior, the blue tooth/back up cam/satellite radio/ navigation.

Yesterday I bought a 2013 Prius Two. I love it, but it doesn't have all the nice things my other one had. Before I send it off, would there be any benefit in me switching out the dashboard unit? The new one only has Blue tooth and regular radio. Would switching them move the Navigation and Satellite radio functions or is there a lot more involved?

2. Justin_Oklahoma

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. Justin_Oklahoma

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG]
    Prius special edition

4. haole man

haole man Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Changing only the head unit won't do it. You also need the camera for the backup camera and the antenna for the satellite radio, and then wire everything together. There are probably more bits needed, but I'm not sure what. My suggestion would be to buy a Garmin for about $150, put your music on a USB stick, and use the mirrors/ look out the rear window when you backup.

5. lifehouse

lifehouse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry to hear about your Persona series, but sure can easily move on with the Two! Good luck with the mods