1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius (Gen3, Trim 4) head unit dead

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by johnerh, Nov 29, 2022.

1. johnerh

johnerh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, I finally did it.

I effed around and found out.

I had an aftermarket android head unit installed, and I couldn’t wrap my head around why the external mic wasn’t working.

I found that other android head unit users got the external mic to function by disconnecting the internal mic manually by severing the internal microphone wires.

I did this, and when I was putting the head unit back in I guess something was disconnected.

I know for a fact that a 20624 ribbon connector with 28 pins (inside Android head unit - NOT a Toyota cable) is severed, and I am waiting on the delivery for a replacement cable.

In the meantime, I decided to put The stock head unit back in.

The problem now is that neither of the stock nor aftermarket head unit will boot up. Completely dead. I don’t know what’s going on.

Can someone help me out here?

I know there’s a 15 amp fuse, a 30 amp fuse, and a 10 amp fuse in various locations, but I have no idea if I’m looking in the right spots.