1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius has leather/softex-wrapped steering wheel! Can we get it?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by koipond, Feb 10, 2013.

1. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Just attended the Washington DC Auto show and checked out the Toyota area and guess what... the Prius models on the floor (presumably 2013 models) that 2 and above all head softex/leather wrapped steering wheels that felt GREAT (the model 1 appeared to still have the horrid hard-plastic wheels us 2012 buyers got stuck with).

I also noticed that the exact same softex/leather wrapped wheel now appears in the new Prius v as well.

Ok... so the obvious next question... does anybody have a clue if the wheel (without the horn and airbag assembly... just the physical wheel like you can often see for sale on ebay from Japan) will be available for order in the states and for a *reasonable* price? Honestly, putting my hands on this wheel was a dream come true in comparison to the 2012 hard-plastic wheel I'm forced to grab during my daily commute.

thoughts?