1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius Hubcaps

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JDB, Aug 26, 2013.

1. JDB

JDB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I took off my rear tires (Prius 2 OEM) to install splashguards, and in the process found the hubcaps to be a huge pain in the #&@! With the hubcap on, the 21mm socket would barely fit, and even then would rub on the hubcap scratching it up. I ended up popping out the hubcap, which was a pain to get off in itself. Overall the process took a LOT longer than I would like it to.

I'd prefer to avoid having to take off the hubcap every single time I wanted to retorque or do tire work. Does anyone else experience this, or do anything different to workaround this? Leaving the hubcaps off isn't an option for me, as it looks horrible without them.

2. jnet

jnet Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One time, I took the hubcaps off to check tire pressure and discovered that putting the hubcaps back is a pain.

3. JDB

JDB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yup, taking them off and putting them back on makes the process a general pain, something I would love to avoid having to do every time.

4. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One time I took all the hubcups off of my 2012. That one time was the morning after I bought the car .. I prefer the black rim

I had a 2010 I took the 3 hubcups off after I lost a 4th in a big bump ... (and realized how expensive it is $85 on ebay)

All the hubcups will be in immaculate condition if I even want to sell the car.