1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius Multi Function Display stopped working last night.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by kidspt, Jun 5, 2018.

1. kidspt

kidspt Junior Member

My 2013 Prius was operating normally. When I was returning home last evening the MFD was not active. Restarts did not resolve the issue. Any ideas?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    fuse? try disconnecting the 12v negative for a minute.

3. creatorcake

creatorcake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a problem with my multi function display on my 2014 prius It does not have navigation or backup camera. when I start the car sometimes the display will not load, and displays an error code saying load software. If I turn car of and on a couple times it starts working again, but is very frustrating to have to do this. Another thing I noticed is it seems to load better when warm but much worse in cold. Do I need anew display or is there something else I can try HELP!!!! Thanks i advance to anyone with info.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    6.1 inch display with disc slot above the screen?

5. creatorcake

creatorcake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    yes that sounds right it happens all the time, so far it always returns to operating after turning car on and off. I was thinking it could be the plugs in the back but only just recently learned how to get the radio unit out. My plan is to unplug display and clean connectors with plastic safe contact cleaner. Still it is quite odd it works better when the heat is turned on and heats unit up. If I drive with ac on stop and shut car off when it back on it wont load. Also I was Wrong it is not an error but the car saying Please insert correct storage media EC: 1 2 3