1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius 'One'(fleet) trim DRL question.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Ojwasguilty, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Ojwasguilty

Ojwasguilty New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    image.jpg Okay so I've had my 2013 Prius One( for almost 2 years now and a few months after I got it I noticed that I had the from 4/6 LEDs that are apparently DRLs because my headlight switch on the steering wheel has a DRL on/off option. None of those LEDs have ever been functional. But the turn signal that's right above it is fully functional. The car is bone stock from factory and never had a crash that would have had the previous owner replace the front end with a bumper cover that was not OEM. I'm bewildered as to why a Facroty installed DRL system would just be cosmetic on the fleet trim WITH the harnessing and all and inside switch...is Toyota pinching pennies here? If so, it's a sick way to tease us One owners to think that we ALMOST got DRLs.

I can't get a straight answer from the dealership other than "your car doesn't have DRLs but we can check it out for $175." So I think "Well the manual must be lying, and I must have painted the DRL letters on the interior switch and forgotten.." Sheesh, the nerve of that service advisor..

j12piprius likes this.
  2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When checking DRL function, make sure to disengage the parking brake, there is an override switch. So car in Ready mode, transmission in Park, disengage parking brake, stalk switch set to DRL.