1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius P261C no voltage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Seek East, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Seek East

Seek East New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have a 2013 Persona Prius. Had the check engine light come on with DTC P261C Engine Coolant Pump 'B' Control Circuit Low. Had the Engine coolant pump checked and it works perfectly. Figured out that the connector has no power coming through it (car powered on). The car starts fine and can drive. My question is does anyone know how to go about fixing the connector or would I need a completely new wire harness? Is there anything I'm missing or can check? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Unless you spotted an obvious problem with the connector itself causing it not to pass voltage, the problem may be anywhere upstream in the circuit. I'd just go ahead and follow the troubleshooting steps in the repair manual for P261C, they're usually organized to check the most-likely/easiest things first, so you get to a solution soonest.

The wiring diagram will also help you locate all the players involved in the game.

-Chap

maurices likes this.