1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius PCV Valve part advise.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tekken, May 17, 2020.

1. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I want to replace my 2013 Prius two PCV Valve. My local AUTOZONE has OEM part listed as fitted 2013 Prius and Part # PCV1114DL

When i pick it up, it's not fit the socket 22mm as most tutorial video as told.

Can one tell what exactly part # or equivalent part ?

2. 2012 Prius v wagon 3

2012 Prius v wagon 3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I recently removed my PCV valve on my 2012, and it surely did take a 22mm deep socket. Close enough to 7/8" in case you don't have a 22mm deep. An open end wrench will work too. Even an adjustable wrench will. The torque required is not much, despite the size of the socket needed. Something like 29 Nm - but look it up yourself to check.

So I think it's a safe bet that when you get to the PCV on your car you'll find it as I describe here (matching what the tutorials probably say).

Not sure what part you got from Autozone. It might be that the threads will fit, so it truly is a valid replacement, but the socket size may be different. I've had that exact situation in different applications several times over the years when using aftermarket parts.

BTW, you're asking about a 2013, but your profile says you have a 2012. Should be the same answer for both.

3. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks 2012 Prius v wagon 3, AutoZone aftermarket parts.# maybe different size. As long as it fit in and using different socket or wrench not affect the preferment.

I wait if anyone can give me the Oem part or order direct from toyota dealer.

My vehicle is 2013 prius.. don't how it showed up as 2012 on my profile

4. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I found one from O'reilly Auto Parts. it came with sealant and it fit in Socket 22MM. part #n28-0230

PatrickBrian likes this.
  5. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I would stick with the OEM Toyota part. They might fit physically, but have different internals, performance.

Safest to just pick it up from a dealership parts department: tell them you need the pcv valve for a such-and-such, and model year. Then you don't even need to know the part number; that's their job.

It's under $10 for the OEM.

I've had ours out a couple of times, shoot carb cleaner through it, apply a little Permatex 243 thread lock to the threads (mostly for cosmetic reasons, to avoid a slight oil-bloom), reinstall.

Attached Files:

James Finch and PatrickBrian like this.
  7. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    True.. local toyota part need to 10 business to ship over. Let me try this aftermarket for $6.99 and has lifetime qaurantee by O'reilly part

BTW, Cant believe that I clear up my ERG pipe and ERG cooler 2 week ago, Now the ERG pipe full off moister and light oil inside.

RMB and Mendel Leisk like this.
  8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    How many miles? Hang onto the old one for sure.

9. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    97600k.. I'm did my 100k maintenance. ERG cooler was done 2 weeks ago. All the Manifold, oil, transmission fuild, engine and inverter cooler changed. Spark plus done etc...

RMB and Mendel Leisk like this.
  10. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Changing my PCV valve now is last item on 100k maintenance.

It piss me that everytime when going up ramp on Highway/Freeway. The acceleration extremly poor, approx 20 sec to reach 50mile/hr. I feel the pedal's vibration on everytime It reach PWD bar. Driving on ECO bar, no vibration.

11. PatrickBrian

PatrickBrian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Wonder what ever happened with this, knowing what we know now.

12. James Finch

James Finch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How'd the PCV Valve change do to effect performance? I found sludge in my EGR and Intake EGR circuit and am like bummed I definitely have to now clean the EGR Valve and Cooler since that sludge crap isn't going to turn to powder like I would have prefered to find like in the donor intake and egr circuit parts.

13. Paladain55

Paladain55 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I changed mine on my oil burner at like 180k. Didn't make a difference. But I have had good luck just ultrasonic cleaning them or boiling them and putting them back in. My Sequoia was sucking oil through the pcv valve when i first got it. Just cleaned it and it went back to normal. It was just stuck in one position though. The one on the prius was just a little sludgy.