1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius Persona - Prices Paid

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Morgueman, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Morgueman

Morgueman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    (This post was in another thread, but was moved here to start a new thread.)

So what did YOU pay for your Prius Persona?​

The goal of this thread is to help future buyers negotiate appropriately in their region of the country. Please state the purchase city/state, color, base price, out-the-door price, options included, and how you paid (financing or cash). I'll start:

I bought two 2013 Prii Persona in Southern CA...both Toyota-financed at 0% for 36 months.
    • Black (with floor/cargo mats): $25,126 base price, $27500 OTD.
    • Blizzard Pearl (with floor/cargo mats & bumper applique): $25,305 base price, $27,695 OTD.
    These prices were offered with the choice of buying one or both (ie. it was not the purchase of two that made for a better deal). Unfortunately, I was asked not to disclose the price I paid in association with the specific dealership, because "Circumstances may change what can be offered at different times."

2. Camfab

Camfab Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a great deal, but wouldn't you be doing the salesman a favor by letting us know who you bought it from? I understand deals change, but why not give them some more business. Can you PM me?

3. Morgueman

Morgueman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I'm sorry, but the salesman asked me not to disclose and I agreed to honor his request; however, here was my strategy: I emailed my offer to the Fleet Manager or Internet Sales Manager at six dealerships that were within a reasonable driving distance. I got their names/email addresses from the dealership websites. In my email, I told him/her that I will go to the first dealership, that day, that accepts my offer. To add legitimacy to my offer, I invited them to contact me ASAP, and I provided my full name, phone number, and email address. To simplify the transaction, I told them that I'd pay cash (in order to ease any concern about the transaction being subject to a loan approval); however, they offered me Toyota's free financing anyway, which I happily accepted. If requested, I would have provided a credit card deposit over the phone, but this wasn't requested.

4. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    That is a great price! Dealerships careless if you have cash or not as long as you are serious and can buy it!