1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius Two - Hidden Menu Different

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by WastedTheLight, Oct 24, 2016.

1. WastedTheLight

WastedTheLight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good afternoon!

I installed a backup camera on my car and it works great. I wanted to get inside the hidden menu to see what options may be there but see that my menu is different than the examples in the videos.

Please see attached photo. Holding Setup and then turning the lights on and off a few times brings me here, to the red bar screen. Hitting "next" takes me to the green bar screen. I'm not getting any other options. The camera button on the top right doesn't work either. 20161024_153307.jpg 20161024_153312.jpg
    Thoughts?

Thank you!

2. WastedTheLight

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I swear, the easiest way to figure stuff out is to post the question and then go try again, haha. Turned out you hold the "Audio" button, not "Setup" in the Gen 3. This got me more menu options, but still no camera configuration. My aftermarket camera ties directly into the original head unit and works great, but the diagnostic area doesn't appear to see it?

3. WastedTheLight

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Will Carista allow me to modify the backup grid? Since I installed the camera off to the side and not dead center, it's a bit off. I thought I could do this in the hidden menu, but as mentioned above, there's no camera option. Thanks

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My backup cam had a loop wire. If you wanted the "grid," leave it intact. If not, cut it.

I didn't know of any "secret" menu on the Prius Two head unit.

5. WastedTheLight

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I definitely want to keep the lines, but was hoping they were adjustable. As you can see in the first photo, there's a camera button, but it's greyed out. Must be something extra special about the stock one that let's you get into additional settings I guess.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.