1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius v 12v battery dead

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kellybarron, May 12, 2016.

1. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You have to have a small screwdriver to do it. That's my screwdriver to the left in the above pic. Not likely to even get the cover off without one much less move the lever. Plus it's slightly down from the opening and hard to see without a flashlight. So all you Sopranos out there driving a Prius need a light and a screwdriver hidden back there
    . sopranos trunk action.JPG

bisco likes this.
  2. kellybarron

kellybarron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you so much, that's what I needed to know. It worked perfectly. I didn't even see that tiny lever! I used a small, thin screwdriver to remove the access door, then a medium, stronger screwdriver to trip the lever.

bisco likes this.
  3. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On the 3rd-generation regular Prius, you can reach and operate the emergency release lever with a finger through the small access hole. Physically, that's easy, once you have your fingertip on the lever, although just finding it by feel takes me a long time every time I try it. The vagon is more difficult?