1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Scion FRS Wheels

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by firemechanic, Feb 1, 2013.

1. jepsprius23

jepsprius23 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    finally i got mine done...thnxs starbrand for all ur help and of course this thread... image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. lr08

lr08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks to everyone for the useful information. I went with 3mm spacers, plastic hub centric rings, and 12x1.5 acorn nuts. Parts are ordered, and I'll post again when I get them on the car.

For the center cap issue, a guy on a different forum posted this site that makes high quality stickers that you can put over the stock Scion/Subaru logos. The center cap size is 48mm.

Online shop 3D wheel center caps

3. winglik

winglik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Guys,

I just installed the FR-S wheels in the Prius. I need some help getting the FR-S TPMS senors to work with the Prius. I registered the new TPMS senors with Techstream, but the Prius still not able to pickup the new senors. Does the FR-S sensor(PMV-C010) compatible with the Prius? I think the OEM Prius sensor is PMV-107J. Please help!

4. Setheroth

Setheroth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    To anyone putting these wheels on their Prius, I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND changing out your wheel studs. (forgive the caps but I feel this is important) After putting on a 3mm spacer to clear your calipers, you will have <5 turns on the nuts once they are fully tightened. 5 turns is less than the 8 that experts recommend. I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone here that if your wheel falls off you or someone else could be seriously injured or killed..

The Dorman 97206.1 is what you need. They fit on the rear (I think) wheels of a 2010 4Runner. The 4Runner has two different types of studs. They are identical except for the length. The shorter stud is the same stud that goes on your Prius. The longer stud is the one you want. Of course you will need 20 of them.

Here's a little how-to to help anyone out who may need it:

Replacing them is pretty easy - it only took me a few hours one afternoon and I have never replaced a stud before. The good news is you DON'T have to take off the hubs!

1. Disconnect the battery. This is probably the most important step. Why you ask? Because if you don't you may be re-assembling your brake caliper after the piston pops out. The Prius has this lovely thing called a brake actuator and it likes to pressurize your brake lines against your will. Once your calipers are off the rotors there is nothing stopping this actuator from pushing out your pistons. Fortunately, I caught mine in time and only had to press the piston back in but trust me - this is a headache you don't want.
    2. Remove the brake caliper and rotor (of course be sure to hang the caliper somehow to avoid damage to the brake line)
    3. Press out the studs. There is a single spot behind the hub that will allow a stud to slide backwards and out of the hub - you will see it. Rotate the hub as needed and press them out one at a time. I used a ball joint separator like this and an impact gun and it worked flawlessly. (If you don't have an impact I'm sure a regular wrench would work as well) (A lot of people use hammers to "punch" the studs out. I read in several places that this can damage the wheel bearings and so i definitely wouldn't recommend this technique)
    4. Press in the new studs. A stack of large washers and your old lug nuts is probably the best way to do this. (put the washer stack over the loose stud and tighten down the lug nut to pull it into place) (If you have a ball joint separator like the one I used you may be tempted to use it to press in the studs. You will tear up the threads on it - don't do it!)
    5. Put everything back together.

Like I said I did this a few months back and am very glad that I did. I no longer worry about what circumstances might cause my wheels to fall off.. I know that they're on and that they will stay on. Definitely worth it - if nothing more than for your peace of mind!

Here's mine with everything done:
    IMG_0197.JPG

#204 Setheroth, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  5. E46Prius

E46Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Guys for anyone in OC, I just put my FRS wheels up for sale. Comes with 205-55-17 Hankook S1 Noble2 tires with 4,000 miles on them. The wheels are in great condition. I'd say 9/10. I am selling with PROPER lug nuts, spacers, and locks. Everything you need to bolt on. $740 firm. But for PriusChat members, I will cut a deal @ $700 =) I live in Fountain Valley. Let me know! They're mounted, balanced, ready to go. Also comes with those hard to find expensive center caps. GT86 ones. (They say GT 86 on them)

I returned my car back to stock. Itching to trade it for a CT. =D

I realized how good the car looked with these wheels once the stock ones went back on =/

Genuine Subaru Toyota FR-S GT86 wheels with new Hankook S1 Noble tires

Attached Files:

6. kenichols29

kenichols29 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You mentioned the proper lug nuts, Im assuming the are the mag style like the stock prius ones. Where did you get them and can you post a picture of the lug nuts? I am considering getting frs wheels but I dont what to use acor style nuts if possible.

7. E46Prius

E46Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They are NOT mag style. They are a (i believe) 60 degree tapered seat with 1.5 thread pitch. See here: 2013 Scion FRS Wheels | Page 9 | PriusChat

You MUST use these style lug nuts for proper fastener engagement to the WHEEL and to the THREADS. Anything else is DANGEROUS as proper contact will NOT be made.

See here: 2013 Scion FRS Wheels | Page 9 | PriusChat

8. E46Prius

E46Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    And to bump this thread, the wheels are still for sale. I have someone coming to look at them today though so they may be gone. Reduced price from $700 to $600. Socal picked up only. OC preferred. These will come with EVERYTHING you need to mount. Spacers, lugs, locks. I'll throw in hub centering rings specific to this application. Not necessary or required. But i'll give them to you.

mshl726 likes this.
  9. mshl726

mshl726 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The FR-S sensors do not auto sync with the Prius. A few tire places told me they can probably reprogram the Prius to read PMV-C010 sensors but it's a manual process that requires them getting the code off each individual sensor, then reinstalling the tire. These places quoted me in the $80-100 range for labor but none guaranteed it would sync.

I ended up buying a set of used PMV-107J on eBay for $40 and had them installed at America's Tire/Discount Tire, where I have bought a lot of tires in the past. Labor charge was $50 total ($12.50 for each tire + resync). I then resold the PMV-C010 on eBay for $40.

10. mmm

mmm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sad question but can you just use spacers on the front wheels to clear the calipers and none on the back? Might look weird but saving money. Or not good due to handling or doesn't matter?

11. Friend of Bill W.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My brother did this exact same thing on his Honda crv back in 2012 and has had zero issues. Just check the lugs every once and a while n it should be fine.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

12. mmm

mmm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How much does it cost to transfer the TPMS sensor to these rims? Is it really $5 per wheel according to some tirerack installers?

13. BigBear2010

BigBear2010 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any one know rhat if we swap the pressure sensors on the 15" wheel to FRS wheels will fit?

14. Robyn923b

Robyn923b Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Double post. See post below.

#214 Robyn923b, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  15. Robyn923b

Robyn923b Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A bit confused on why the Toyota 4Runner is mentioned and the fit to the Prius. I am installing a set of FR-S wheels to my Prius Plug In and wanted to check in to see if the set of longer lug nuts you mentioned fit exactly?

16. pearlyneb

pearlyneb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Selling my prius

Got a set of very clean OEM FRS wheels - tires in front have maybe 30% left, rears are done. Comes with OEM FRS tpms sensors installed. Will also throw in the lug nuts and hubcentric rings and spacers front and rear. Socal pickup - $250

17. odonda8

odonda8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Before I do the noob thing and start a new thread, this appears to be the community FR-S wheel question thread. This is a bit of a loaded question so thanks in advance.

- I am concerned with the safety of losing threads by adding even a 3mm spacer. If I plan on doing this properly and extending the studs, what is the spacer needed front and rear to make these most flush without rubbing?

- while I have the calipers out I might as well replace the struts and throw some springs on. Am I able to get the prius within factory specs without any after market camber kit? If not, can someone provide a link to a cheep set? Pair?

- I might be just me but I hate the 2 tone polished/black look and plan on painting them gloss black.

1512271545564.jpg

18. odonda8

odonda8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    From all of the pictures, it looks like maybe a 5MM front and 15MM rear? I am thinking about ordering some DF210 together. I want to max without rubbing that anyone can recommend.

19. PREEZUS

PREEZUS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Finally decided to put on these 2017 FRS wheels.

61A95482-9F3C-434C-AC91-43BF7DF00E37.JPG

n0streble and odonda8 like this.
  20. Szulkarn

Szulkarn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all. Im being offered a toyota ft 86 wheels. Its 17x 7 et 48 im tempting to get them as theyre priced to sell.
    Ive been reading all 22 pages I just need to make sure if i get them to get proper fitting..

1)minimum of 3mm spacer ? Prius stock offset 17 inch wheel is 50mm

2) center cap as prius is 54.1 and ft89 wheels are 56.1mm?

3)if i install 3mm spacer. I need to change the length of the lug as the nut can only go 6 full turn?

4) i have to buy a special nut as the oem prius 15" nut is not compatible ?
    From Gorilla Automotive?

Have i missed anything?. Thank you