1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Toyota Prius Plugin iphone, ipod Feature Not Working IOS8

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Valencia Orange, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Valencia Orange

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I updated my iPhone 5C to the latest Apple software IOS8. Since I did this, the iPhone built in iPod, will not play when it is hooked up to the radio with the USB cable.

The Toyota play screen shows the song, but when you hit play on the screen it does not play. There is no movement of the play bar, and no sound.

I called Toyota, and it sounded like this was the first time they heard of this problem. After changing several settings on the phone, I was told Toyota will be having an Entune update coming out shortly to correct this problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank you in advance

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's a known problem with ios8 and several car makers' systems. Supposedly a fix is coming with 8.1.

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Bump

4. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have ios8 on my iphone5, but am having a slightly different issue. The phone works fine in iPod mode, but in bluetooth the sound needs to be dialed all the way up to hear the music. The level used to be on par before this update. It still works well as a phone through the hands free system and voice commands are fine.

It appears that the ios8 update has possibly caused the volume level of music using the bluetooth to be abnormally low.

5. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In Bluetooth mode, the volume control on the iPhone is still working. Try turning up the volume on the iPhone.

6. loxllxol

loxllxol Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm having this exact issue as well with the iPod functionality broken when I upgraded to iOS 8. Even with 8.1 this functionality is still broken.

Any word on entire updates?

7. HprDad

HprDad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    FWIW, iPhone 6, iOS v8.1.1, USB functionality works for music on my 2012 Four. Podcasts, though, will not play, and I need to switch to BT, along with the iPhone's podcast app. My iPod 4th gen, iOS v6.1.3, works fine for music & podcasts.