1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 v pump/electrical noise every 10 seconds

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Matt98svt, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Strange they call it a supersession, even when all they’ve done is delete the dash (on parts.Toyota.com). I like that that dash; let’s my brain catch it’s breath.

#21 Mendel Leisk, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Look up any random part on parts.toyota.com. You'll see that, in addition to any different part number that it actually supersedes, it will also "supersede" itself, spelled with a dash, and if it has a leading zero, it also "supersedes" itself spelled without the leading zero.

super.png

Those extra entries don't mean anything got superseded. They just mean people spell things different ways when doing searches, so Toyota uses the supersession feature of the simplepart catalog software to ensure the search finds the part anyway. And they apparently use the without-dash spelling as the lead entry in simplepart.

The part numbers you'll see on the box or in the manuals haven't dropped the dash (or the leading zero, for those that start with it).

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. JBurbank

JBurbank New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a similar issue with my 2012 Prius V 5 door. I need a new ABS actuator and my mechanic couldn't locate the correct part for it. He gave me the part number as 47210-47280, but it is impossible to locate a part under that number. Did you wind up getting a 47050-47110 model to work for you? Trying to figure out which one to buy for this.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You go to one of the online Toyota dealers and enter your exact model and trim or better yet, vin. Then search for the part. Sometimes it’s called a brake booster, other times it’s called master cylinder. I would email or call to verify before ordering. Sometimes these parts are on back order.

The accumulator pump is a separate part.

A brake booster for my 2012 v3 may or may not be different than your 2012 v5 because of tire size. They are different from a hatchback due to Prius v specific features like pitch and bounce control. The number on the housing is not it.

For my v3 (older pricing)

IMG_3320.jpeg

And
    44785-02060 Gasket, Brake Booster

#24 rjparker, Oct 27, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    Air_Boss likes this.