1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 vs 2014 differences

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by eliotb, Nov 15, 2017.

1. eliotb

eliotb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I think the answers to both questions are "no," but I thought I'd ask. I just replaced a totaled (my fault) 2013 Prius Five with the advanced technology package (which did not keep me from accelerating from a dead stop into the tow-bar of a Ram 3500 pickup). The replacement is a 2014 Model Five with the technology package.

My wife, who rides in the car only when I take her for outside appointments, declared upon her first ride today that A) the seats were narrower than in the 13 and B) that the door sill was lower which made it easier for her to enter the car. I don't believe either is true, though based on what little memory I have of a now-deceased '13, the seat back might look a little different.

Does anyone have any concrete knowledge as to whether the seats have some small difference and/or the sill is lower on the '14? I can find nothing in the available literature to suggest either of her observations has any basis in fact.

Thanks in advance.

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @Tideland Prius , you tend to keep track of differences from year to year.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Manufacturers may make minor changes from year to year (or even without the year) without mentioning it but as far as I know, the 2013 and 2014 vehicles are identical. Changing the height of the door sill is prohibitively expensive so that's definitely a no.

As for the seat, who knows. Officially, there has been no mention of a change in the seat design but again, they could have multiple suppliers of seats or they could've make small changes to the foam density or shape of the foam that we won't know about.

James Powers and Prodigyplace like this.