1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Window control panel lights flashing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jana26, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Jana26

Jana26 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In January I was having an issue with what I thought was my battery draining. The dealer couldn't find the problem and it eventually stopped happening. It ended up it wasn't a draining battery. There apparently was a disconnect between the 12 volt battery and the system (my explanation, not theirs).

I didn't notice a problem with the window control panel at first but eventually found that it wouldn't open or close the driver's side rear door window and the driver's door window wouldn't automatically go up or down, I had to hold the button the whole time.

Eventually the driver's door window started working again and then the "battery issue" stopped. I haven't had a problem since (except the panel still won't open or close the driver's side rear door window. The button on that door does still work.)

All that said, I noticed last night that the lights on each of the window buttons except for the driver's door window button on the driver's door control panel keep blinking on and off when the headlights are on.

Does anyone have any ideas about this, if I should worry about it, etc?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would check the 12v health and connections, including neg to body. if that's all good, the master switch may be bad, or dirty contacts.