1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Wiper Blades/Inserts

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Matt98svt, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Matt98svt

Matt98svt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    So i ordered wiper blade inserts for my 2013 prius V recently and the inserts they sent me were too large and I thought they must have sent me the inserts for a regular prius and returned them. My car appears to have the factory toyota wipers but I ordered another set of wiper inserts for a V from a different seller and they also sent me a larger insert than what fits my wipers, length is correct though so clearly my wipers are not the regular OEM ones it came with. Can someone speak to the difference between the regular prius wipers and the V? Im not sure if they dealership accidentally installed regular prius wipers on the car or what (and if the regular prius wipers fit why are the V models any different in the first place?) Thanks for any input. Looks like I might just have to order a new set of V full wipers and not just the inserts to get back to square one and keep this and backups

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Most people initially buy replacement aftermarket wipers because they are usually what the shops and stores have. The oem wipers are aero which is their main advantage, along with their ability to use less costly inserts. I buy inserts for the front and the whole wiper assembly for the rear as it is more difficult to change the insert.

Tim Jones likes this.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Nothing special that I remember/see about the front blades, I buy beam blade replacements, recently Rain-X Expert Fit beam blades, most recently Michelin Silicone blades (both available at certain Walmarts).

2012 Toyota Prius v Parts like Wiper blade

REVVL V+ 5G ?

4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I suggest that you order inserts from a Toyota dealership. They might even have them in stock and the cost isn't THAT much more than 3rd party brands.
    Then you will KNOW what you have or don't have.

I have had trouble with improper listings of inserts shown as "standard" instead of "thin" or slim or whatever the narrow ones are called before but don't remember what car that was.

Tim Jones likes this.
  5. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The stock ones work the best!
    But you will the original blade holders.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    @rjparker I don't remember that far back to when I first replaced them and the pics on parts.toyota.com show the OLD fashioned type. You got a pic of yours please? You sure they came originally?

REVVL V+ 5G ?

7. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes they are original.

Attached Files:

jzchen likes this.