1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Backup Camera but not on Display

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PamW, Apr 17, 2016.

1. PamW

PamW New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My son bought a 2014 yesterday and it has a camera on the back end (like my 2010) but it does not show up on the display. Did Toyota put cameras on some of the Prius' but not attach if you did not buy Navigation? That is basically the only difference between his car and mine. I can't understand why they would put the camera expense if it did not operate. Thanks!

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Is the camera showing up in the "rear view mirror"? One poster here on PC says his Prius is setup like that. I don't think he has the nav on his Prius either.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe me? Ours is like that: no nav, back up camera in rear view mirror. But a US level 4 would have the backup in the Multi Function Display I think. Probably something disconnected or broken.

4. PamW

PamW New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not in the rear view. Guess he has an electrical issue.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Just to confirm and eliminate the silly obvious.. You are putting the car in reverse mode when you are expecting the back up cam to turn on correct?

If that is not the case then bring the car in for warranty work? Still under warranty right?

What kinda sucks for us 2014 owners (we own a 2014 v three) is that the 2015's+ all have back up cams on all models, thus making the difference between a two and three even less (needing a back up cam and upgrading to a three used to be a selling point, now it's on all the models)...

6. PamW

PamW New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, I personally made sure it was being put in reverse. (I drive a 2010 with the camera). Is there a way he can call Toyota to make sure the VIN has a backup camera installed. For the life of me I can't see any other reason why there would be a camera lens on the back of the car exactly where mine is.