1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 C gas gauge wonky

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by J. York, Jul 8, 2019.

1. J. York

J. York New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My gas gauge isn't right. Halfway through a 600 mile car trip, it said I had 3 bars... which should not have happened as I started with a full tank. I could only put 3.5 gallons in before the pump stopped. It said 4 bars less than 2 hrs later and the pump would only let me put in 2 gallons. I got home two hour laters to now having only two bars. I have owned this car (32K miles) for a year and a half, never had one problem till now.

Any ideas, or directions specific to this make and model? I am going to try disconnecting the battery tonight, but I am not holding my breath that that alone will work.

Also, I have already tried the reset Odometer thing that is mentioned in several threads. Five or six times. The instructions are not worded for a Prius C, so all I end up doing is changing between TripA/B/Odo or staring at the Power On screen. Nothing happens. I have reset the maintenance notice before, so I get the concept and know how to do it when the directions are for my car.

2. JoySS

JoySS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  3. nolotank

nolotank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This was the case on my car when I bought it. I figured it was just a crappy fuel gauge. Then, I ran a bottle of Techron through the car after learning that the previous owner had been putting crappy gas in it. The gauge became reliable after that.

EDIT: The exact product I used was "Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner".

JoySS likes this.